« السابقةمتابعة »
Committee of Management:
Director: FREDERICK J. FURNIVALL, Esq.
Hon. Sec.: ARTHUR SNELGROVE, ESQ., LONDON HOSPITAL, LONDON, E.
J. MEADOWS COWPER, Esq.
ALEXANDER J. ELLIS, Esq.
H. HUCKS GIBBS, Esq.
REV. DR. RICHARD MORRIS.
W. ALDIS WRIGHT, ESQ.
(With power to add Workers to their number.)
THE HEAD OFFICE OF THE UNION BANK OF LONDON,
The Publications for 1865 and 1866 are out of print, but a separate subscription has been opened for their immediate reprint. The Texts for 1864, and all but three for 1865, have been reprinted. Subscribers who desire the Texts of all or any of these years should send their names at once to the Hon. Secretary, as several hundred additional names are required before the Texts for 1866 can be sent to press.
The Publications for 1864 (21s.) are:1. Early English Alliterative Poems, ab. 1360 A.D., ed. R. Morris. 16s.
2. Arthur, ab. 1440, ed. F. J. Furnivall. 48.
4. Sir Gawayne and the Green Knight, ab. 1360,
The Publications for 1865 (218.) are:5. Hume's Orthographie and Congruitie of the Britan Tongue, ab. 1617, ed. H. B. Wheatley.
6. Lancelot of the Laik, ab. 1500, ed. Rev. W. W. Skeat. 88.
7. Genesis & Exodus, ab. 1250, ed. R. Morris. 88. 8. Morte Arthure, ab. 1440, ed. E. Brock. 78. 9. Thynne on Chaucer's Works, ab. 1598, ed. Dr Kingsley.
10. Merlin, ab. 1440, Part I., ed. H. B. Wheatley. 11. Lyndesay's Monarche, &c., 1552, Part I., ed. F. Hall.
12. Wright's Chaste Wife, ab. 1462, ed. F. J. F. The Publications for 1866 are:
13. Seinte Marherete, 1200-1330, ed. Rev. O. Cockayne.
14. Kyng Horn, Floris and Blancheflour, &c., ed. Rev. J. R. Lumby.
15. Political, Religious, and Love Poems, ed. F. J. Furnivall.
16. The Book of Quinte Essence, ab. 1460-70, ed. F. J. Furnivall.
17. Parallel Extracts from 29 MSS. of Piers the Plowman, ed. Rev. W. W. Skeat.
18. Hali Meidenhad, ab. 1200, ed. Rev. O. Cockayne.
19. Lyndesay's Monarche, &c., Part II., ed. F. Hall.
20. Hampole's English Prose Treatises, ed. Rev.
21. Merlin, Part II., ed. H. B. Wheatley.
The Publications for 1867 (one guinea, less No. 24, 25, 26, out of print) are:24. Hymns to the Virgin and Christ; the Parliament of Devils, &c., ab. 1430, ed. F. J. Furnivall. 38. 25. The Stacions of Rome, the Pilgrims' Sea-voyage, with Clene Maydenhod, ed. F. J. Furnivall. 18. 26. Religious Pieces in Prose and Verse, from R. Thornton's MS. (ab. 1440), ed. Rev. G. G. Perry. 28. 27. Levins's Manipulus Vocabulorum, 1570, ed. H. B. Wheatley. 128.
28. William's Vision of Piers the Plowman, 1862 A.D. Part I. The earliest or Vernon Text; Text A. Ed. Rev. W. W. Skeat. 68.
29. Early English Homilies (ab. 1220-30 A.D.) from unique MSS. in the Lambeth and other Libraries. Part I. Edited by R. Morris. 7s.
30. Pierce the Ploughmans Crede, ed. Rev. W. W. Skeat. 28.
The Publications for 1868 (one guinea) are :
31. Myrc's Duties of a Parish Priest, in Verse, ab. 1420 A.D., ed. E. Peacock. 48.
32. The Babees Book, Urbanitatis, the Bokes of Norture of John Russell and Hugh Rhodes, the Bokes of Keruyng, Curtasye, and Demeanour, &c., with some French and Latin Poems on like subjects, ed. from Harleian and other MSS. by F. J. Furnivall. 15s.
33. The Knight de la Tour Landry (from French of A.D. 1372), ab. 1440 A.D. A Father's Book for his Daughters, ed. from Harl. MS. 1764 and Caxton's version, by Thomas Wright. 8s. 34. Early English Homilies (before 1300 A.D.) from unique MSS. in the Lambeth and other Libraries. Part II., ed. R. Morris, LL.D. 88.
35. Lyndesay's Works, Part III.: The Historie and Testament of Squyer Meldrum, ed. F. Hall. 2s. The Publications for 1869 (one guinea) are:
36. Merlin, Part III. Edited by H. B. Wheatley, Esq.; with an Essay on Arthurian Localities, by J. S. Stuart Glennie, Esq. 12s.
37. Sir David Lyndesay's Works, Part IV., containing Ane Satyre of the Three Estaits. Edited by F. Hall, Esq. 4s.
38. William's Vision of Piers the Plowman, Part II. Text B. Edited from the MSS. by the Rev. W. W. Skeat, M.A. 10s. 6d.
39. The Alliterative Romance of the Destruction of Troy, translated from Guido de Colonna. Edited from the unique MS. in the Hunterian Museum, Glasgow, by D. Donaldson, Esq., and the Rev. G. A. Panton. Part I. 10s. 6d.
ASHER & CO., 53 MOHRENSTRASSE.
C. SCRIBNER & CO.; LEYPOLDT & HOLT.
Destruction of Troy:
AN ALLITERATIVE ROMANCE
GUIDO DE COLONNA'S
NOW FIRST EDITED
FROM THE UNIQUE MS. IN THE HUNTERIAN MUSEUM,
with Introduction, Notes, and a Glossary,
THE LATE REV. GEO. A. PANTON,
DAVID DONALDSON, ESQ.
PUBLISHED FOR THE EARLY ENGLISH TEXT SOCIETY,
MDCCCLXIX & MDCCCLXXIV.