« السابقةمتابعة »
Early English Text Society.
Destruction of Troy:
FROM THE UNIQUE MS. IN THE HUNTERIAN MUSEUM,
PUBLISHED FOR THE EARLY ENGLISH TEXT SOCIETY,
Price Ten Shillings and Six-pence.
Committee of Management:
ALEXANDER J. ELLIS, Esq.
RICHARD MORRIS, ESQ.
THOMAS WRIGHT, ESQ.
(With power to add Workers to their number.)
HENRY B. WHEATLEY, ESQ., 53, BERNERS STREET, LONDON, W.
THE UNION BANK OF LONDON, REGENT STREET BRANCH,
The Publications for the first three years, 1864, 1865, and 1866, are out of print, but a separate subscription has been opened for their immediate reprint. The Texts for 1864 are ready, and nearly all for 1865 are now at press. Subscribers who desire all or any of these years should send their names at once to the Hon. Secretary, as several hundred additional names are required before the Texts for 1866 can be sent to press.
The Publications for 1864 are:
1. Early English Alliterative Poems, ab. 1360
2. Arthur, ab. 1440, ed. F. J. Furnivall. 48.
4. Sir Gawayne and the Green Knight, ab. 1360,
The Publications for 1865 are:
5. Hume's Orthographie and Congruitie of the
7. Genesis and Exodus, ab. 1250, ed. R. Morris.
10. Merlin, ab. 1440, Part I., ed. H. B. Wheatley.
12. Wright's Chaste Wife, ab. 1462, ed. F. J. F.
The Publications for 1867 are:
The Publications for 1866 are:
13. Seinte Marherete, 1200-1330, ed. Rev. O. Cockayne.
14. Kyng Horn, Floris and Blancheflour, &c., ed. Rev. J. R. Lumby.
15. Political, Religious, and Love Poems, ed. F. J. Furnivall.
16. The Book of Quinte Essence, ab. 1460-70, ed. F. J. Furnivall.
17. Parallel Extracts from 29 MSS. of Piers Plowman, ed. Rev. W. W. Skeat.
18. Hali Meidenhad, ab. 1200, ed. Rev. O. Cockayne.
19. Lyndesay's Monarche, &c., Part II., ed. F. Hall.
20. Hampole's English Prose Treatises, ed. Rev.
21. Merlin, Part II., ed. H. B. Wheatley.
24. Hymns to the Virgin and Christ; the Parliament of Devils, &c., ab. 1430, ed. F. J. Furnivall. 3s. 25. The Stacions of Rome, the Pilgrims' Sea-voyage, with Clene Maydenhod, ed. F. J. Furnivall. 1s. 26. Religious Pieces in Prose and Verse, from R. Thornton's MS. (ab. 1440), ed. Rev. G. G. Perry. 2s. 27. Levins's Manipulus Vocabulorum, 1570, ed. H. B. Wheatley. 12s.
28. Langland's Vision of Piers Plowman, 1862 A.D. Part I. The earliest or Vernon Text; Text A. ed. Rev. W. W. Skeat. 68.
29. Early English Homilies (ab. 1220-30 A.D.) from unique MSS. in the Lambeth and other Libraries. Part I. Edited by R. Morris. 78.
30. Pierce the Ploughmans Crede, ed. Rev. W. W. Skeat. 2s.
The Publications for 1868 (one guinea) are :
31. Myrc's Duties of a Parish Priest, in Verse, ab. 1420 A.D., ed. E. Peacock. 4s.
32. The Babees Book, Urbanitatis, the Bokes of Norture of John Russell and Hugh Rhodes, the Bokes of Keruyng, Curtasye, and Demeanour, &c., with some French and Latin Poems on like subjects, ed. from Harleian and other MSS. by F. J. Furnivall. 15s.
33. The Knight de la Tour Landry (from French of A.D. 1372), ab. 1440 A.D. A Father's Book for his Daughters, ed. from Harl. MS. 1764 and Caxton's version, by Thomas Wright. 88. 31. Early English Homilies (before 1300 A.D.) from unique MSS. in the Lambeth and other Libraries. Part II., ed. R. Morris, Esq. 88.
35. Lyndesay's Works, Part III.: The Historie and Testament of Squyer Meldrum, ed. F. Hall. 2s. A few copies are left of No. 5, Hume's Orthographie, 48.; No. 17, Extracts from Piers Plowman, 18.; No. 20, Hampole's Treatises, 28.; No. 22, Partenay, 68.; 23, Ayenbite, 10s. 6d.
The Society's Report, January, 1869, with Lists of Texts to be published in future years, etc., etc., can be had on application to the Hon. Secretary, HENRY B. WHEATLEY, Esq., 53, Berners Street, W.